Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Here are my best tips for couponing. When grocery shopping, I always use coupons from the newspaper, and also online coupons as well. Many stores will let you use one online coupon and one newspaper coupon on the same 1 item. Here are some of my favorite websites for coupons.

coupons.com - The ultimate source for online coupons. Click the ones you want and print them off. You're allowed to print each coupon twice on each computer that you have. You can either click the Back button, or just go to the website again.

utahdealdiva.com -Lets you know all the great deals in Utah. This is one of my favorite sites. Most of the mommy blogs are located in different states, but this one obviously is best suited for us in Utah. I love how Jessica (the author of the blog) always puts down free activities to do with your kids around Utah. She's a huge fan of Albertsons, and always puts down ideas for how to use your coupons with the sales going on there.

dealseekingmom.com -Another good site for deals. The author of the blog lives in a different state, so she focuses on other grocery stores, but the other deals that she lists are great. She does a lot of nationwide deals that are applicable to everyone. Most of the mommy blogs refer to the things she posts on her blog.

grocerysmarts.com -use code g84ctb to log in. you can use the dropdown menu to see all the grocery store deals...4 or 5 red stars next to an item means it's a great deal to stock up on. There are also links "Groups A, B & C" for more online printable coupons.

If you don't want to print out coupons, you can always do e-coupons, which just automatically put the coupons on your Smiths or Albertson's cards. Sites for that inclue:

Shortcuts.com, Cellfire.com, and Upromise.com

(If you haven't heard of Upromise, you should definitely sign up. It basically just starts a college fund for your kids. You put in your Albertsons and Smiths card numbers, and so whenver you purchase certain products, a percentage of the money goes towards your child's college fund. It's not a huge amount, but every little bit helps, right? You can also buy things online through them, and get a % back as well. They also have a credit card that you can sign up for, that would give you a percentage back for everything you buy, anywhere. We'll probably do this in a few years. Right now we're not doing it, because we need the cashback that we get from our Discover Card.)

Also if you frequently purchase items from a particular brand, just go to that company's website and there are usually printable coupons. Examples include: Pillsbury, Betty Crocker, Nestle (for those websites, you can sign up for e-mails, which always include coupons to print in them)

There is a magazine called "All You" that also has a lot of coupons in it. I just subscribed to it, and should be receiving my first issue probably in October, so I'll let you know how that goes. It contains over $50 worth of coupons in every issue. I got an online deal for it for $16 for a two year subscription, which is awesome. Normally it's about $22 a year, or you can pick it up at Walmart for just over $2.

For eating out, and doing fun things around town, I use my Entertainment book, otherwise known as the Happenings book. It has a ton of buy one get one free coupons. I bought it online in May for $15. I think normally at the beginning of the year it is around $30. I'm not sure how much it is when the high school kids sell it for their fundraisers. Anyone know? If you don't have the book, right now you can buy it on their website for $10. Trust me, the coupons that you will use in it will pay for the book, plus more.

Also with eating out, if you know that you are going to go to a certain restaurant, go to their website and see if they have any coupons on it first. If they don't, many restaurants will have some sort of club to join, often it's birthday clubs, so you'll put in your info and sign up to get free stuff for your birthday, plus they'll often e-mail you a coupon to their restaurant just for signing up.

This is a lot of information, so I think I'm going to stop here. I'll do random posts when things pop into my head about deals that I take advantage of. Please post comments if you have any questions, and please follow my blog! It's nice to feel loved! :)

Have a good day everyone!

1 comment:

  1. The best of your three brothers!August 6, 2009 at 8:16 PM

    Great job on the site Deb!!!

    ReplyDelete