Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Swagbucks

I don't know if any of you have heard of Swagbucks, but it's awesome. It's a search engine site, just like google, only when you do searches, you'll often be rewarded with a "Swag Buck" usually worth 1-3 bucks, which are like points. Your points accumulate and then you can turn them in for things. I always turn mine in for Amazon gift cards. 45 Swag Bucks is worth a $5 Amazon gift card. I just use Swagbucks instead of google when I need to look something up, and on average I get a Swag buck twice a day, once in the morning, and once at night. It varies though. So if you go at that pace, you'll get 60 Swag Bucks every month, which means 720 in a year. I've done the math, and if you use your bucks to get $5 Amazon gift cards every time, you'll be able to get 16 in a year, which totals $80. I don't know about you, but I think it's great getting paid to do internet searches that I would normally do anyway.

I heard about this through all the coupon blogs (pretty much every coupon blogger does Swagbucks), and was hesitant at first, but after signing up I was hooked. I've been searching through Swagbucks for about 3 months now and have already gotten 5 Amazon gift cards, and I almost have enough swag bucks for 2 more. Once you put your bucks in for a giftcard, it takes about a week, and then an Amazon code will be posted on your account. So at the checkout on Amazon you just enter in that code, and it takes the $5 right off. Super easy.

Along with doing searches, Swagbucks will give "Swag codes" which will be worth a certain number of bucks. Sometimes they'll put the code on their blog, or on the actual website, or on facebook...there are lots of different places for them to put codes. If you're into Twitter they do "Twitter Tuesday" where you can get Swagbucks as well. I don't Twitter, so I don't know much about that. They also e-mail you a newsletter once a month where they have a code at the bottom. I've put their Swagbucks Widget on the sidebar of my blog where you can check to see if there are any codes out at that present time.

Every Friday is "Mega Swag Bucks Day". When you do your normal internet searches through their website, your chances of getting more swag bucks are higher. They have Swag bucks worth anywhere between 1-100. The most I've ever gotten is 5. But still, when you think about it, that's 2 1/2 days of searching, so it's still awesome.

If you'd like to sign up for Swagbucks, please use my referral link. It is: http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/rebbiedeed

If any of you have questions about Swagbucks, leave a comment, e-mail me or write on my facebook wall. I'm happy to answer anything. Swagbucks has been wonderful for my family to get some fun things for Christmas, and I'm very glad that I signed up for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment